Kancheepuram Silks is a type of silk saree, made in the Kancheepuram region in Tamil Nadu. Kancheepuram Silks are original and woven from pure mulberry silk thread. Hence there is no need of a special introduction of these Kancheepuram Silks in South India
Origin of Kancheepuram Silks
In 10th century, a famous king of the Chola dynasty ruled Kancheepuram, who took an initiative of silk trade. It was during the reign of Krishna-Deva Raya, when the famous weaving communities of Andhra Pradesh, migrated to Kancheepuram. That was the origin of silk industry. Hence Kancheepuram Silks are called so.
Kancheepuram silk sarees are woven from pure mulberry silk. It’s a magnificent creation of the craftsmen living in a small town, Kanchi (Kancheepuram). The Kancheepuram silk sarees are the ultimate choice of the south Indian weddings.
There are various reasons why people prefer Kancheepuram silk sarees with price that is pocket friendly for festivals and weddings. Few go here….
- The Kancheepuram silk sarees are original and woven from pure mulberry silk thread.
- Being the lustrous silk, Kancheepuram silk sarees have got the charm of Wedding, Cermony or any other festival.
- Kancheepuram silk sarees are woven with heavy silk and gold cloth, are considered to be special and can be on special occasions and festivities.
- Kancheepuram silk sarees have popularity to its texture and beauty. The Kancheepuram silk sarees with price that is affordable are popular among women for its lustre, delicate zari and thread-work and most importantly because of the royal look which it epitomes when draped.
- An added bonus is that the Kancheepuram silk sarees with price range that is not too much are hand woven and extremely resilient. These sarees are mostly worn at South Indian weddings by the bride and her family or for other special occasions.
The price of Kancheepuram silk sarees with price range that is varied can be bought between the price range of Rs.2,000 to Rs. 2,00,000 depending upon the depth, size and quality of the zari border used. The more intricate the zari work with silk, the more expensive the saree is priced.
Kancheepuram silk sarees are in huge demand worldwide, as they got a magnificent collection of sarees. The silk used in the creation of Kancheepuram silk sarees with price that is affordable are extremely fine as well as durable and is one of the most popular forms of silk. The bold and bright color of the sari is very much preferred by people across the world.
Find a good trusted retail shop to find the best silk sarees for you.
“If you can’t stop think about it then buy it.”
Thank you for reading.